Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ,and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. (2 Corinthians 2:14)
Greetings in the blessed name of our Lord! We thank God that He has given us another year to serve Him. As 2022 began and the college opened, there were so many concerns about this year. The cases of the coronavirus were very high at the end of December and beginning of January. However, the situation has rapidly changed. Yesterday, March 16, Kenya recorded only 15 cases with COVID. All reported cases over the last three weeks were down to only one or two digits. In addition, last week, the ministry of health lifted most of the restrictions. So now, things are getting back to a sense of normalcy.
As we move back to normal, the first change was the worship service on the Lord’s Day. Now, we are worshipping inside of the building and not out in the yard. The English and Kiswahili choirs are again presenting songs during the service. Even our Saturday fellowships for the church members have been restored. We plan to have a baptismal service and a Lord’s Supper in April, which we did not have the last two years. Eben is teaching a baptism class every Lord’s Day for the candidate. We are so excited about these changes. We feel like we have been under the dark cloud for two years and have come out to the sunny ground. Yes, the challenges would be there in other forms along the way, but we are enjoying the relief from the tension and burden for now. We are thankful for you who have been concerned about foreign missions and have prayed for these works. We also thank God for such victorious testimonies He has given us during these years.
Here are some specific prayer requests for you to consider.
Pray for Kenya
- For a peaceful electoral campaign and the election which will be held on August 9, 2022
Pray for the BCEA (Bible College of East Africa)
- For all colleges in Kenya, Rwanda, and Tanzania
- For graduates in the ministry.
- For the coming 2nd term on May 2
- For new students, including international students (getting a student visa is getting complicated)
- For safety on the college compound
- For wisdom and strength for teachers
- For Eben as he teaches. He has taught Bibliology and Theology Proper for 3rd years and Pneumatology & Soteriology for 4th years, the Book of Joshua, Synoptic Problem Analysis and Homiletic Practice in 1st term. He will be teaching Anthropology for 3rd years and Ecclesiology for 4th years, Calvinism, and Homiletic Practice in 2nd term. So do pray for God’s wisdom upon him.
Pray for the BCEA campus church
- For worship service every Lord’s Day
- For the choirs, fellowships, and church members
- For the baptism in April and the candidates
Pray for the Yoon’s family
- For the provision and protection
- For MKs., for their studies and their spiritual life
- For Haeun, our firstborn, as she is still praying for her decision for college
- For Eben and Mijung for spiritual and physical strength
We are also thankful to have a recent visitor, IBPFM President, Rev. Brad Gsell. Yes, we communicate once in a while through Facebook and email. However, having conversations at the dinner table made it such a blessed time. We enjoyed a series of chapel messages from Rev. Gsell, along with his piano presentations. Most of all, we enjoyed hearing about the history of the IBPFM and the ICCC. Living here in a foreign land, for such a long period, can make us feel very distant from home, both physically and emotionally. But when we have such a visit, it gives us a warm encouragement.
Lastly, we are grateful for your prayers. We are also humbled as well as honored, that we are on someone’s prayer lists. While it may be a blessing in your life to participate in the mission work with prayer, it is a real blessing for us to be sustained, provided, and protected. The Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 1:11, “Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.” So likewise, your prayer is not in vain but will be answered through His works. Therefore, once again, thank you for your prayer and support. May the Lord bless as we labor together for His kingdom and glory.
Eben, Mijung, Haeun, Hajin, & Hahyun